Coast Guard form

The Right Coast Guard Form for Life Changes

Has something changed in your life that may potentially affect your vessel documentation but you aren’t sure? Do you feel like you need to update or file one Coast Guard form or another yet you don’t know which one it should be? Our lives change often. When they do, our vessels as well as our vessel documentation can be affected. No one wants to find out, down the road, that they aren’t in compliance with the powers that be in one way or another because of a form of documentation. We have all of the forms you’ll need for the course of owning your vessel, come what may. 

A Coast Guard Form for When You or Your Boat Move 

Did you move to a location that’s different from the one on your vessel documentation? If that’s the case, then you want to file for a “Change of Address” form ASAP to stay in compliance. By that same token, did you move your vessel from one port to another for good? If your hailing port has changed permanently, then that has to be updated with the USCG, too. We have a form “Change of Vessel Name or Hailing Port” at our site that allows you to do just that. You don’t have to change the name of your vessel to be able to use the form. 

The Right Form for When You Get a New Boat 

There’s nothing quite like the feeling of buying a boat or the feeling of selling a boat, as the old saying goes. At our site, we have the right forms for both life events. When you purchase a boat, the “Transfer” form may be the one that you need to get in compliance with. This is also the form for if you should decide to move on from an ownership group or want to bring another owner into owning the boat with you. Additionally, once you’ve purchased the vessel, you can file for the initial documentation as well. 

Forms For When You’re Researching a Boat 

Before you purchase a vessel, you want to know as much as possible about it. The last thing anyone wants is to buy a boat and then find out that they got a “lemon,” so to speak. The Abstract of Title form lets you know if there are any mortgages or liens against the vessel, as well as the change of ownership when it was manufactured, and so much more. 

All the Forms You’ll Need Going Forward 

The above are just a few of the many different forms that we offer at our site. As you go through the wonderful experience of owning a vessel, you may need different forms. For example, when you filed your initial documentation, you picked a certain endorsement for how you were going to use the vessel. That said, over time, you may change your mind, change the use of your vessel, and thus, want to change your endorsement. We can help you with that and so much more, contact us today!